April 3, 2023
This week, April 3–7, please take a few minutes to telephone Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and urge him to protect Dr. Hassan Diab and refuse any future request from France for Hassan’s extradition.
The baseless and shameful trial in absentia of Hassan Diab opened in a Paris court today, Monday April 3, 2023. This wrongful prosecution is a clear distortion of justice and confirms the French authorities’ obsession with finding Hassan guilty of the horrendous bomb attack that took place outside a Paris synagogue over 42 years ago.
Here is PM Trudeau’s contact information:
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
Hill Office – House of Commons:
Phone: 1 (613) 992-4211
Constituency Office (Montreal, Quebec):
Phone: 1 (514) 277-6020
When you call, you will probably be transferred to leave your message on an answering machine. Please, leave a polite message, and say your name, town/province, and phone number.
Here is the KEY MESSAGE we want to communicate to the Prime Minister: “Canada must protect Hassan Diab and say NO to any future request from France for his extradition.”
Here are some additional things you may wish to say:
- I am very concerned that France is scapegoating Hassan Diab for a crime he did not commit.
- France has the wrong man—and they know it.
- Hassan is innocent.
- The government has a moral obligation to protect Hassan.
- Hassan and his family have suffered long enough.
- Amnesty International has called on the French authorities to drop the case against Hassan.
- In 2018, Hassan was released after two French investigative judges determined that there was no evidence linking him to the attack.
- Honour the words you said in 2018: “What happened to Hassan Diab never should have happened”, and make sure that it never happens again.
- Hassan is being subjected to a trial in absentia that is an offence against international law and a breach of human rights.
Thank you for your support!
Hassan Diab Support Committee
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/justiceforhassandiab