You are cordially invited to an event hosted by the Hassan Diab Support Committee. This is a special opportunity to meet Dr. Hassan Diab, learn about the Kafkaesque situation he has faced since 2008, and hear about the latest developments in his extradition case. Hassan’s appeal of the extradition decision will be heard by the Ontario Court of Appeal in Toronto on November 4 and 5, 2013.
|Event:||“Kafka Revisited: An Evening with Dr. Hassan Diab”|
|Date:||Friday September 27, 2013|
|Time:||7:00 – 9:00 PM (Doors open at 6:50 PM)|
|Place:||Beit Zatoun House, 612 Markham Street, Toronto, Ontario|
Admission is free. All are welcome. Bring your family and friends!
TTC: Bathurst station on the Bloor-Danforth subway line (exit to Markham Street)
- Hassan Diab – Hear from the man who has been facing Kafkaesque extradition proceedings since 2008.
- Barbara Jackman – Attorney and human rights advocate, specializing in cases involving national security and domestic and international human rights issues.
- Daniel Sheppard – Attorney and member of Hassan’s legal team. His interests include international human rights and international criminal law.
The evening will also feature:
- Live musical entertainment
- Poetry reading
- Raffle and silent auction
- Complimentary snacks and refreshments