Join us for an important discussion on why we must fix the broken extradition system in Canada, and learn about a new blueprint, known as the Halifax Proposals, for how to make it happen.
- What: Panel on Reforming Canada’s Extradition Act
- When: Tuesday April 12, 2022, at 12:00 pm ET
- Sharry Aiken, Associate Professor in the Faculty of Law at Queen’s University and co-editor-in-chief of PKI Global Justice Journal
- Rob Currie, Professor of Law at the Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University
- Tim McSorley, National Coordinator of the International Civil Liberties Monitoring Group (ICLMG)
- John Packer, Director of the Human Rights Research and Education Centre, University of Ottawa
- Plus: A premiere screening of a short video on the problems with the Extradition Act from the International Civil Liberties Monitoring Group.
Co-hosted by Queen’s University, the Human Rights Research and Education Centre at the University of Ottawa, and the International Civil Liberties Monitoring Group.
Note: A recording of the webinar is now available at: